- 1 pack of vegan meatballs. Our favourites are the Plant Power frozen ones from Sainsburys.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion (either red or white it makes no difference!)
- 1 courgette
- 1 bottle of garlic tomato passata/ or normal passata (Aldi)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 200 ml water
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Slice all the vegetables in to strips, or chunks (your choice!)
- Saute off the onion for 5 minutes until soft in a large pan with a little oil.
- Add in the garlic and the rest of the vegetables and saute for another 5 minutes, if it starting to brown add in a little water.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes. The 200 ml of water is optional but i like quite a saucy meatball so add it in!
- Serve with rice or on top of pasta.
Tips and Cheats
You can honestly throw in any veg you like to this dish. I like the more Mediterranean veg and if i have left over tomatoes I chop them up and chuck them in too. If you make the sauce without the meatballs it keeps for ages in the freezer and makes a lovely pasta sauce on its own. You can even blend it to a smooth sauce for those fussy eaters. Often with any left overs we make our own meatball subs by popping them in to a cob with cheese and salad. AS mentioned we really like the plant power meatballs from Sainsburys. They are £1.75 for a bag of 20 so easily feeds a family of 4.