- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms in small chunks
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
- 1 yellow pepper (or red or orange!) diced
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Good pinch of salt
- 14 small wraps
- Vegan butter for frying
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and add in the onion and peppers and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the veggies and cook for a further 10 minutes until the beans are cooked.
- In another saucepan add the milk, nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, paprika and salt.
- Whisk the milk until it thickens and then turn off the heat and pour into the veggie mix.
- Spoon a good dollop of the mix in to the center of a wrap and spread out leaving about 1 cm gap around the edge put another wrap on the top.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and on a medium heat put the stuffed wrap in the frying pan and fry for about a minute until it starts to brown. Flip over and brown the other side.
- I keep them warm in the oven until I have fried them all.
- Cut in to 1/4 and serve with either wedges or rice!
Tips and cheats
You can add in any veggies you like! If we have courgettes we chuck those in diced, peas chunks of pre-cooked sweet potato anything that is lying about really! The mix will store in the fridge over night so it is great to whip up the night before you need it and it makes after school dinners really quick and easy. It is also really nice on a picnic!
2 thoughts on “Quesadilla”