- 1 cup chopped onions (I use frozen)
- 2 cubes frozen garlic (2 tbsp. frozen or 3 cloves fresh)
- 2 medium carrots finely sliced (I like batons)
- 2 peppers, finely slices (I used red and orange)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (or fresh if you have it)
- 300g Mushrooms (1 box, I like to mix chestnut and a couple of flat ones too for texture)
- 1 heaped tbsp. white miso paste
- 2 tbsp. bouillon powder
- Approx. 1 lire of water
- 1 packet of pre cooked noodles per person. (I use the Aldi ones and put 4 in this for 4 people)
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 3 spring onions to garnish
- In a large pan add a tablespoon of oil (olive or sesame) and heat on a medium heat and add in the onion, garlic, carrots and peppers.
- Soften them in the pan then add the ginger and mushrooms and stir through.
- Pour in enough water to cover the mix by a good inch and then stir through the miso and bouillon powder.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes and then add in the noodles and spinach.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with the spring onions.
Tips and Cheats
You can add in anything to this, any veg you like really! Or you can chuck in some vegan protein, in the photo I had added some Linda McCartney Hoisin Vegan Shredded Duck and on other occasions I have coated Tofoo Co Tofu in cornflour and chili and fried it off. If adding some protein then cook it separately and just add it on top or it tends to go mushy!