- 300g Plain Flour
- 2 Tbs Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 150g Vegan spread (I like the Pure Baking one for this.)
- 3 Tbs Ice cold water
- 3 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (or mixed spice)
- Jar of mincemeat (The Aldi one is vegan!)
- Heat the oven to GM 7/ 200c
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients and give them a light mix together.
- Add in the butter and rub it in. This means rubbing the butter and flour together between your fingers until it looks a bit like soggy bread crumbs!
- Then add in the water and oil and mix together until it forms a dough.
- Flour the surface and then roll out your dough to about 5mm thick.
- Using a circular cutter the size suitable for your yorkie tin cut out 12 discs.
- Pop the discs of pastry in the tin (one in each hole!) and fill them with a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat.
- I like to put stars on the top but you can do full lids or any shape you like.
- Once finished pop them into the hot oven for about 10 minutes or until they are a gentle golden brown.
- You will probably get about 18 mince pies from this mix.
Tips and Cheats
I often make this and freeze some of the pastry or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days as nothing beats fresh mince pies.
You can also not put in the spice and sugar and use the pastry for savoury dishes.