- 200g dried pasta
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 4tbsp grated Violife Prosociano Wedge (or vegan Parmesan) (a little extra for presentation)
- 1.5tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 200g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 200g tender stem broccoli chopped into 1 inch chunks
- Boil the kettle.
- Place the dried pasta in a large pan with a pinch of salt and cover with boiling water. Cook until tender or as packet suggests.
- In a frying pan fry off the mushrooms then remove from the stoves. In the same pan add the broccoli and fry for a few minutes. Then add in a cup of boiling water and pop on a lid. Cook for a further 3 minutes until just cooked.
- Drain the broccoli and put with the mushrooms on one side.
- Meanwhile in a large jar add all of the other ingredients with 1 cup of the water the pasta was cooked in.
- Pop the lid on the jar and give it a good shake!
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, add in the veggies and the contents of the jam jar.
- Heat for a few minutes to bring it all up to temperature and then serve with a little more cheese on top and some nice crunchy salad.
Tips and cheats
I love this dish it is so light and its actually even better the next day cold for lunch like a pasta salad! You can add in any veggies you like but in this house mushrooms and broccoli rule. Its also a great dish in our camper van as it can be cooked on 2 gas hobs with limited pans!