- Serves 4
- 1 onion sliced (white or red!)
- 2 -4 cloves crushed garlic (More the merrier for me!)
- 300g mushrooms (Any type! When feeling fancy I use mix of mushrooms) sliced.
- 200g frozen peas
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- Pasta (we like spaghetti but any type and as mush as you want)
- 50g vegan yoghurt or vegan cream cheese (I like Oatly but any will work)
- Boil your water for the pasta
- In another pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat. Then add your sliced onions.
- Soften the onions on a medium heat until they start to colour, then add in the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook on a medium heat until they start to soften.
- Add in the frozen peas and vegetable stock.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Leave the vegetables to simmer without a lid to reduce the liquid whilst the pasta cooks.
- Drain your pasta and turn the heat of the vegetable mix.
- Add in your yoghurt or cream cheese to the vegetable mix and stir through until combined.
- Then toss int he drained pasta mix and serve!
Tips and cheats
This is the one dinner my kids would eat every night if I let them, it is one of our firm favourites no matter what time of year. If you want to jazz it up for guests then use cream cheese, fancy mushrooms like shitake and oyster alongside normal white mushrooms anything works! Add as much of as little garlic as you like, I like more but others may not. I also like to finish off my pasta with a generous sprinkle of M&S vegan parmesan cheese. This is bowl of comfort and happiness, it is quick easy and can be cheap to make. If you have no vegan yoghurt then before you add the peas take 2 tablespoons of the mushrooms and onion mix and blend to a cream; add this little mix at the end like the yoghurt and it will make your pasta creamy! Enjoy!!