- 1 cup chopped onion (I use frozen!)
- 1 block of frozen garlic (Again I buy it frozen but a couple of fresh cloves will work too)
- 2 medium potatoes diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium carrots diced in to 2cm cubes
- 300g mushrooms chopped in to chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn drained
- 1 pint of gravy (I like the Sainsburys vegetable one)
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry. (Most are vegan but do check, I use Jus Roll or Aldi)
- Pre heat the oven to hot! About gas mark 8/220c
- Place some oil in a large pan and gentle soften the onion, garlic, potato and carrot. Stir so it does not burn for 5 min.
- Add in the gravy and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat
- Stir in the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the mix into a pie dish.
- Top with the ready rolled pastry and press down on the edges of the dish to make a seal. You can brush with melted vegan butter for a touch of luxury but I don’t usually!
- Place in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until the pie is a lovely golden brown.
- I like to serve it with mashed potato and tender stem broccoli.
Tips and Cheats
You can pretty much add anything you want into this pie! My kids love it and we always get empty plates. If you have left over roast veggies you can use those and just chuck into hot gravy and place in the pie dish. You might have gathered that most of my cooking is chuck it in and hope for the best type of cooking and it really is. I hate waste and generally try to use up what is left in the fridge. I would however avoid cabbage inside the pie and opt for it as a side dish!