- 1 packet of tofu or tempeh (we love the Tofoo Co. one)
- 1 tbsp Lime (or lemon) juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 large courgette (or 2 small ones)
- 2 peppers (we like red and yellow)
- 2 medium onions
- Tortilla wraps
- grated vegan cheese
- plain yoghurt (we like Koko)
- chopped cucumber
- chopped tomato
- Drain the tofu and gently squeeze the water from it.
- In a shallow dish mix the lime juice, cumin, garlic, soy sauce and chipotle chili
- Slice the tofu in to thin strips or cubes and add to the mixture. Leave it to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the veggies and stir fry off in a wok or large pan.
- Once the veggies are part cooked pour in the marinade mixture saving the tofu (this needs crisping off!).
- Set them aside on a low heat to get nice and soft.
- Toss the tofu in to the cornflour and in another pan add a small amount of oil.
- Fry off the tofu until it starts to crisp.
- Now serve!
Tips and Cheats
I love to serve each components in little bowls and let the children make up their own. My daughter doesn’t like cooked veggies so I also put out bowls of raw pepper for her to add in. If you are short for time most of the Old El Paso Fajita kits are vegan, just check the milder ones as they contain milk powder. If you are using these sprinkle half the flavour mix into the veggies and half with the cornflour then fry the tofu the same way! So delicious! They are also great cold on a picnic or for lunch!