- 300g mushrooms sliced
- tsp vegan spread (Vitalite is our favourite)
- 2 tsp oil (olive is nice but I love hemp at the moment)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes halved
- 2 slices of sourdough (Sainsburys have a vegan one)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Chuck in the spread and season.
- In a frying pan heat the rest of the oil and add in the tomatoes flat side down.
- Toast the sourdough.
- Cook the mushrooms stirring occasionally until the are soft and browning slightly.
- Flip the tomatoes once brown.
- This should serve two (I say should) so once it is cooked plate up and enjoy!
Tips and cheats
You can cook a couple of hash browns rather than the toast, the Co-op and Sainsburys ones are really nice. You could add garlic to the mushrooms or even sprinkle generously with parsley. Or serve as a full English with tofu eggs, and a couple of shroomdogs!