- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp of dairy free butter
- 4 spring onions
- 1 cup of grated dairy free cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your jacket potatoes. I personally like to blast in the microwave for 10 minutes to give them a head start and then pop into a medium oven for an hour until the skin is crispy.
- Cut the jackets in half length ways and scoop out the filling, please don’t burn yourself but it does need to still have some heat in.
- Put the potato filling into a large bowl and add in all the other ingredients. Give it a good mash together and watch the cheese melt!
- Take the filling and refill the potato skins.
- Pop them under a hot grill until the tops brown.
Tips and cheats
You can put anything you like into these stuffed jackets. My children like some yellow pepper rather than the spring onions. You can add in some kidney beans for extra protein along with some sweetcorn for a more Mexican feel! Get as creative as you like. They are great for hot picnics (something we like to do in winter), or even on a buffet. I really like the Sainsburys grated dairy free cheese or the Violife in this as they both melt really well and have a nice mature flavour. If you don’t like dairy free cheese you can leave it out and just add in some dairy free butter along with your fillings.