- 500g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 80g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 80g dairy free butter (I like the Pure sunflower or Vitalite for these)
- 240 ml dairy free milk (Oat works like a dream)
- Strawberry jam and vegan cream to serve (Food Heaven squirty or Elmlea plant based double. )
- Pre- heat the oven to GM 6 or 200c
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix into a dough.
- Flour your hands and the work surface
- Tip out the dough and bring it together to a smooth dough
- Using a cutter cut out your scones.
- Put on to a lined baking sheet and pop in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Eat warm straight from the oven or allow to cool if you have the patience!
Tips and Cheats
If you want an even rise on your scones don’t twist the cutter as you cut them out. You can add sultanas to the mix, about 100g for fruit scones too, or cranberries, apricots, dates etc what ever takes your fancy! If you don’t eat them all at once the scones will keep for about 3 days in an air tight container, although I wouldn’t know because they never last that long!