- 1 1/2 pack of plain hobnob biscuits (I use Aldi ones)
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 2 packs of vegan cream cheese at room temperature (I use Sainsbury’s which is 170g each pack)
- 2/3 cup of icing sugar (check it is vegan!)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 bag of frozen forest fruits – defrosted (Aldi)
- 7 inch tin – ideally spring form or with a pop out bottom
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor and add the melted butter
- Use this to line your tin, a spring form tin is best as it makes getting it out a the end easier. work the mix up the sides pressing hard.
- Put it in the fridge to set.
- In a clean food processor add the cream cheese, icing sugar and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add in the lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the tin with the base in it and leave it for 5 hours in the fridge to set.
- Once it is set drain the defrosted fruit and adorn the top. Serve immediately.
Tips and Cheats
I used to make this dish when I wasn’t vegan and it was always a winner. If you can’t get forest or frozen fruit you can use fresh raspberries or any soft fruit. I like the tartness of the fruit against the richness of the cheese cake. You can swap the lemon juice for lime too if you want a key lime pie type flavour!