- 2 onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 cups carrots sliced
- Handful fresh parsley
- Small handful of fresh thyme (or tablespoon of dried thyme)
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Put the onion in a pan and saute it off for 5 minutes in a little oil.
- Chuck in the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for an hour on a low heat.
- Blend the soup and serve!
Tips and Cheats
This soup is so easy. It really is a chuck in the pan and cook one! If you haven’t got fresh herbs add in some dried. You can swap out the thyme and parsley for some coriander. If using dried coriander add it in with the pinions and cook it off a little. It is a lovely sweet soup so does need salt. I don’t add salt and pepper to my recipes as I loathe black pepper and don’t use much salt as I have children.