- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tin baked beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tin kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 vegetable stock cube and 300ml water
- Saute the onions in a pan until they are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add in all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on a low heat for 1 hour stirring frequently so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with fluffy mash potato or crusty bread or even some shroomdogs!
Tips and Cheats
I made this in my food technology exam at 16, back then I finished it off with some grilled fresh tomatoes but it really doesn’t need them. If you don’t have Dijon you can use English or American mustard just alter the quantity to taste as it is often stronger. The dish does make quite a lot but it is easy to freeze.