- 1 Pack of Jus Roll short crust pastry (ready rolled for ease!)
- 1 tin of baked beans
- A little vegan spread
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7/200c
- Unroll the pastry and using a cutter cut out disks a little bigger than the size of the hole in your muffin tin.
- Rub a little oil around each muffin tin and then line with the discs.
- Pop a good spoon of beans into each case and on the top of the beans place about 1/4 teaspoon of the vegan spread. this gives the finished filling a creamy texture!
- Re- roll the scraps of pastry and cut out the lids.
- Pop into the oven for about 10 minutes until the pastry is golden!
- Eat hot or wrap in foil and pop in a thermal lunch bag for a hot picnic treat.
Tips and Cheats
We often make bigger pasties by cutting out large squares, popping a good amount of beans in the middle and folding over. You can even add in some chunks of vegan sausage and vegan cheese for your very own breakfast pasty!