- 200g of cooked rice
- 200g extra firm tofu (we like the Tofoo one)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- bunch of spring onions
- 1 cup of cooked frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat a little oil in a pan/wok and chuck in the spring onions, peas and garlic.
- After 2 minutes add the tofu and gentle heat through. Stir constantly as it will stick.
- Add the turmeric and stir until the tofu goes a lovely yellow colour.
- Add in the cooked rice – this should be freshly cooked not reheated so as to prevent food poisoning.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips and cheats
You can add any veg in to this as you like! We often add in sweetcorn, beansprouts, peppers, edamame beans, cooked diced carrot and mushrooms. The tofu is what gives it that eggy texture. If you are feeling super lazy you can use a packet or two of microwave rice or if you are feeling healthy opt for brown rice or wild rice. There are no rules here just chuck it all in and season to taste. I often use soy sauce to season rather than salt if I have it and I love a drizzle of sweet chili sauce on top where as the kids love a drizzle of plum sauce!