- 3 large conference pears
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 6 Vegan Caramel/toffee sweets
- 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- Pre heat the oven to Gm 6 or 200c
- Peel the pears and slice them in half. scoop out the core leaving enough room for the caramel.
- Pop the pears in to a pan with the maple syrup and cover with boiling water.
- Cook the pears until they just start to soften, this should take less than 5 minutes but will vary depending on how ripe the pears are.
- Remove from the heat and drain from the liquid.
- Roll out the pastry and lay the pears on top leaving enough room to cut them out.
- Cut around each pear leaving a 1cm edge.
- Pop the caramel in the hole where the core was.
- Lay the pastry pears on a baking tray
- With the scraps of pastry cut out leaf shapes and adore the pears (get as fancy as you like!)
- Place into the hot oven for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is puffy and golden.
- Serve warm with either vegan cream or vegan ice cream!
Tips and Cheats
If you can’t get hold of vegan caramels you can either make your own caramel sauce and spoon that in (Just melted brown sugar, vanilla and coconut cream!) or you can swap out for a spoon of vegan chocolate spread or lotus biscoff! My mum made me these as a child after seeing the recipe in a mother and baby magazine and they are still a firm favourite with my own children! They look so fancy yet are so easy to make. If you have ripe pears you don’t need to poach them first!