- 220g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 200ml oat milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp white or cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/180c
- Put all of the ingredients in to a large bowl and beat to a smooth batter. I always do this by hand.
- If making cupcakes place 12 paper cases into a cupcake tin.
- Split the mixture equally between the 12 cases.
- Pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before topping with chocolate buttercream!
Tips and Cheats
If you don’t fancy cute cupcakes you can split the mix between two 7inch cake tins and cook at the same temperature for 25 minutes. or you can pop in to a tray for a tray bake and cook for 40 minutes. It is so versatile! I like to chuck in cherries sometimes or nuts or even dark chocolate chips! As with all cake it is best served fresh!