- 200g dairy free spread (I use Vitalite)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 30g dandelion honey (if you haven’t made the honey then just use 30g more of sugar)
- 70g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 20 dandelions – you just want the yellow petals.
- In a bowl cream together the butter, vanilla, dandelion honey and sugar.
- Then add in the flour and dandelion petals.
- Stir it together, you might need to get your hands in! Until it forms a soft dough.
- Pop in to a covered dish in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 / 200c.
- Take the dough from the fridge and on a lightly floured surface roll out until is is 5mm thick.
- Cut our your biscuits, we like them small but you can make larger ones!
- Pop on to a baking sheet and into the oven for 8-10 minutes until they start to turn a light brown.
- Take them from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack until cool.
- Store in an air tight container.
Tips and cheats
My children love to make these. They love to pull out the yellow petals into the bowl. They love to dip them into the dandelion honey to eat them too! (Sugar overload!). They keep for a few days but are best fresh and they are just so buttery and light. They look so pretty on the plate too.